A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Supaglue
Admin

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 pm

As promised - A link for possible basing materials.

Treemendus Models!

The website is a bit duff, admittedly, but they do good quality scenic scatter and the like for cheap (compared to the railway model/GW scenics).

Have a gander, but the things I was thinking of were model leaves they do:

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 Treemendus-tm4-autumn-leaves-19271-225-1315663950000

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 Treemendus-tm4b-ivy-leaves-19279-225-1315663950000

They do a few of kinds that sell on Ebay. A base of wet, matted leaves (could use a bit of GW/Woodland Scenics water effects) would look brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 pm

You know, looking at them, they have a bit of an Arabian look about them - that'd be a nice theme actually - make em a little bit darker skinned and have them swathed in robes of saffron and oranged. Easy to do fluff about secret groves in the desert that they protect and tend.

Actually, as we've still got that map of the Couldron, we should tie our armies into that - not do a campaign but when we play, put as bit more history and background into the area.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Those leaves look really nice. Might look into using them on some other bases in the future
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Yeah they're good and not too expensive. Think they do yellow leaves too - about £4 a bag. I was thinking of making some trees for my board and using them for the leaves.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Gilly asked, so putting in an update. Photos are a bit shit, and little large, actually. Shows up all the blemishes (and there are plenty!).

Got a few bits to do on the miniature yet when I buy some new paints - paint some green areas, some of the bands and buckles silver and paint his base (not pictured). Oh...also got to do the quiver and the rest of the bow. Will take forever!

The colours stand out a bit better IRL. The lighting makes it a bit difficult to differentiate between some of the colours.

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 WoodElf1

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 WoodElf3

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 WoodElf2
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Foxy wrote:
Gilly asked, so putting in an update. Photos are a bit shit, and little large, actually. Shows up all the blemishes (and there are plenty!).

Hehe, the amount of times I take snaps of my hard work, get 'em on here and realise that in close up they're shocking!

They're gonna look really nice - a strong colour throughout and all that subtle blending looks like it's gonna pay off, if you ever get them finished!

Are you blending with thin layers? Looks like you are - looks amazing.

Still reckon those leaves would look ace on the bases.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Supaglue wrote:
Hehe, the amount of times I take snaps of my hard work, get 'em on here and realise that in close up they're shocking!

LOL aye - he looks ok from about 4ft away!

I bought these (everything is on the base apart from the static grass). Some leaves might look pretty good - depends upon how big they are. Bit of a shit photo...

They got some nice bases. I think the moulded resin bases work a bit better with bigger bases. In fairness, the ones I have bought are pretty good, although they are going to be a bitch to mount the miniatures on them.

Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 20_square_forest

Website is Back2base-ix.com
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 pm

yeah, its hard to judge figures on close up photos, its what they look like on a table that counts, and I think these colours will look really good, nice and vibrant
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 pm

They look great close up and will look even better on a tabletop perspective all together in a unit.

Those bases look sweet. The only problem with resin bases is that they're like painting an extra man every time, halving your output in effect. They go nicely with the troops though. Thought of drilling holes in the feet and base and brass rodding them to the bases? I've got tons of brass wire pikes from me ECW men that you can use if you wait till you come over.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Where is the rest of the unit? ;p
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Hehe - Not enough hours in the day!
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Don wrote:
Where is the rest of the unit? ;p

Hiding behind the hill!

Had to leave them now- not got time to do any more. Bummer. They better not get crushed in my suitcase!
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Probably will with all those high heels you've crammed in.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:51 pm

LOL Tell me about it. I am bringing back 6 pairs of shoes! And I need to buy a pair in England, for your wedding. Or I could wear my white Havaianas - go well with the suit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog   Got Wood!  A Wood Elven Plog - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Wood! A Wood Elven Plog
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2