A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Don

Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team Empty
PostSubject: Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team   Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Thought I'd make a bit of effort and try out a scheme on the Wood Elf Blood Bowl team....

The figures are, it pains me to say, quite pants. The one-piece leggings/boots is really lazy imo and really difficult to know how to paint, they could do with taking a leaf out of the Blood Bowl PC Game models which are much better

Anyway, first bash at a Lineman

Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team Bloodbowlcolour

I wanted to stay away from green, its just too obvious and I really had to distance myself from the green colour scheme on the GW website...

I opted to paint the torso in flesh so that I could get some tattooing in and get a bit of a Celtic Wood Elf feel... rather than yet more non-descript, non-detailed clothing

The tattoos themselves were a little problematic, spirals were quite difficult and any kind of actual shape looked a bit naff. I opted for slashes and lines, which looks a little more american indian, but was easier to paint and looked more convincing. I'm quite looking forward to trying some more, its just a shame the models aren't really sculpted well enough to warrant more time

I'm quite looking forward to painting up a unit of WFB Wardancers though!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team   Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Like it!

Yeah, I think avoiding a green colour scheme is a good idea, red and white always looks good for bb teams. Love the tattoos as well, look good.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team   Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:49 pm

They look good, mon. You are definitely right about the miniatures being poo. They all have a cartoony look about them. Gary Morley at his best...

I never did get why they would be wearing tights with no boots - look shite.

I reckon you could convert one of these wardancers - which would look great for BB. Make it look like they are using Leap.

Wardancer 1

Wardancer 2

This guy would look pretty cool as well.

By far the best Elven BB team is the plain old Elf one. These were made quite a while after most of the other teams.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team   Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Really like the colour scheme - nice to see Elves in something a bit racey.

Love the tatts!

Gotta be honest, I hate the current elves. Look at the new Jordell Freshbreeze - awful. Bring back Jes Goodwin!
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team   Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Balsa Warriors - Wood Elf Bloodbowl Team
Page 1 of 1