A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grand Army of Nuln

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 pm

This is my unpainted version of the emperor Karl Franz. Be afraid little skeletons! Twisted Evil

Grand Army of Nuln TheEmperor_zpsphq4dgkt

- can't seem to upload pictures, how did you guys do it?
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Nice! Get him painted! Then again don't - he's rock isn't he the Emperor? Don;t want him making mincemeat out of me....

As for photos, I uploaded mine onto a website called photobucket (or snapfish.com) - you just link them from there then.
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Foxy

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Photo is a bit blurry for me.

He is obviously moving really fast after killing most of Gilly's army!

Karl Franz always used to be super rock - roll to hit, any hits = dead. Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Get some pics of yer painted men up Sam - I know you've got some handgunners, I've seen em!
Back to top Go down
Sam

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:42 pm

The Grand Army of Nuln is Karl Franz’s personal army. He consists of the best troops drawn mainly from Nuln but some units deeds have spread to the emperor himself. Always by his side is his trusty advisor High Priest Seel, they have managed to keep control of the tattered remains of the once glorious empire.
Seel was found by Karl Franz’s Second in command Kurt Helborg when he was a couple of years old. He was found in a broken building after an attack by a merciless greenskin horde.
The once glorious Empire has been destroyed and overthrown many times but not as bad as now. The everlasting horde of The Court of the White Queen and Army of Votchnaya has managed to twist and turn its way into the mind of Karl Franz’s Bodyguard The Blessed of Sigmar to a tattered and ragged heap of war crazed soldiers.
Now the Empire’s fate rests in the hang of this army, most of the armies of the empire have been slain by the formidable power of the seamless undead forces that come across the border day and night.
Karl Franz’s best 3 wizards Hercles, Strands and Perclus have served the emperor for countless years being at his side in the heat of battle. Hercles studies the lore of beasts and is the best wizard in all of the empire at the lore. Strands is a lord of light wizard who is also the best in all of the empire at the lore. Whereas Perclus is a new wizard who only found out his mysterious powers in the lore of life a few years ago. Being able to revive dead bodies has made the emperor favor him to Herclues and Strands.
Mattis is the emperor’s personal bodyguard being a expert swordsman and wielding the Armor of Destiny this young fighter has never been beaten. Maybe a new fighter may be able to topple the great fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sam

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Well at the moment I haven't really done much painting I'm planning to finish my spearmen and the detachment by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Unk

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Was it the spearmen that you were basing the other day? Looked pretty good so far Smile
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Get some pictures up!
Back to top Go down
Sam

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:55 pm

I have been thinking recently with the new releases of the empire army list and with the new paints.  If the new paints are as good as they say they are I am going to hopefully change my army around.

I might go with Talabecland or Stirland. Stirland are a poor state which is near where some vampires are and they fight against vampire counts regular so I thought this would work because both Dan and Gilly have vampire counts.

My other option Talabecland: I was going to us this as I was flicking through the empire book it said how there Elector count was missing so I thought it could be something like a search and rescue army.  I am thinking of this two because they designs are quite good but with them having greens and yellows there was no way I was going to paint them with the old paints
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey mate - that's a great idea. With Stirland bordering Sylvania, they would be ideal. Green and yellow might be a pain to paint though!

With Stirland you could have it quite infantry based with banded town militias and watchmen (they possibly wouldn't have much in the way of knights or artillery maybe - although a few bits wouldn't hurt! They also hate halflings don't they coz they're all superstitious?) and have loads of warrior priests and other undead hunters.

You could make your force a witch hunters army and make the characters look like witch finder generals and the like that patrol the Eastern borders hunting vamps....

Talabecland are red and yellow aren't they? Their elector count went missing after a battle during Storm of Chaos, I think - he'll probably turn up in some new GW campaign as a champion of chaos or something. A search and rescue army would be interesting - plenty of outriders and scout forces would be good. Will have to look through the empire book though - not seen much of it yet.

Looking forward to see how you go!
Back to top Go down
Unk

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

The only good Hobbits a dead hobbit!

I think the reason they dislike them is due to an old Emperor gifting an area of Stirland which became known as the Moot to his favourite halfling cook.

I love the idea of an expeditionary force out and about looking for their Elector count, but the Stirland schemes quite good too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Army of Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Army of Nuln   Grand Army of Nuln Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Army of Nuln
Page 1 of 1