A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Unk

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:43 am

Supaglue wrote:
Wow, the Kabalite warriors look fantastic. Love the banner. You got them done quick didn't you?!

How did you do the eyes and weapons? Thraka green ink?

Think the colour scheme suits them really well.

Liking the Archon too - look's a right badass!

It didn't feel quick, feels like it took me ages!

The eyes are just scorpion green, and then a watered down scorpion green around the eye area. As I went on, I started adding a white to it as well so they are even brighter, the later models eyes look a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

Woah bloody hell, I missed the group shot, when I checked it took me straight to this page as the most recent post and I just saw the leader.... lesson learnt.

Squad done and looking good, do you feel more inspired now that you have a unit complete?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:44 am

Don wrote:

Squad done and looking good, do you feel more inspired now that you have a unit complete?

Yeah defo, hopefully I can get my boss done by the end of this weekend, and then have a stab at a vehicle, not looking forward to them, never really painted big stuff before.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:45 am

Once you get a couple of things finished and on the shelf, you will soon be whizzing through them!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:45 am

Well, Duc de L'Isle is finished, hes ok, I am not 100% happy with him though. And I hate finecast, it sucks!

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000229

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000230

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000233

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000226

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000226

Still, job done, onto something else now.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:47 am

Badass!

I'll be awkward and demand a pic with him and the warriors - they'll look all good together.

You thinking of doing other troops in the same colour scheme, or something different?
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:47 am

All my kabalite and trueborns will have the same armour scheme as they are part of the same Kabal, but other types will have different.
Back to top Go down
Unk

Quick update time..

Currently working on a 9 man Wyche squad, here is my first figure to show my colour scheme, have finished 3 now, but no point showing the rest as they are all similar, and not yet based etc. Will be going for a blue scheme for Cult type units, so these, Reavers etc, and I am planning to use a purple as main colour for coven types as their identifying colour.

Table top quality only, need to try and get em finished before we meet up.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000247

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000248
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 am

She looks ace. Really like the figure and the colour scheme. The skin looks great too - a pallid purpley tinge.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 am

Quick reply, grabbed a few pictures while packing up.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000249

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000251

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000253
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:49 am

Really love them - best squad evar. Really done them justice, coz the figures are sweet: dynamic poses.

The colour scheme suits as well - did you use inks to line/shade em?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:50 am

Woah, I've been slacking commenting too!

These are really good Dan, looks ace on the closeup too, can't wait to see em in the flesh. What is your next task?
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:51 am

You've been slacking in the seeing them in the flesh too - he had these at your house last meet up!
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 am

Flipping heck, were they the sames ones..... *head desk*
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:53 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:53 am

Good to know they made an impression....
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:54 am

Trueborn done.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000273

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 P1000274
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:54 am

Nice job. Look good they do. There only four in a unit?

Love the figures - a great example of how new technology has affected miniature design. Seriously hope they resculpt a lot of the Eldar Aspect Warriors
Back to top Go down
Unk

Yeah, just the four - perfect painting size, sod 10 man units in future!
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:55 am

Nice stuff, I really like the smooth face masks, have you put gloss varnish onto them?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:56 am

I have yeah. Quick enough to do, just wanted to finish them at that point.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:57 am

I have yeah. Quick enough to do, just wanted to finish them at that point.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:58 am

Great job - like the orange sashes. They could have been swamped by the red but I think it works. Makes them look unusual.

Where did you get the resin bases from? Look nice those.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 am

Orange? That's flayed skin! I suppose they could have been to Essex.

From a store on ebay, not bad, a few things I fancy from there.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Foundations-of-War
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 am

Unk wrote:
Orange? That's flayed skin! I suppose they could have been to Essex.

Whoops! Maybe it was the tango man they got hold of? Probably just the lighting.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Tale of 5 Wargamers :: Warhammer 40k-
Jump to: