A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Unk

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Finished off my test figure for my dark eldar, excuse the bad pics, I really need a better camera for zooming in close like this.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000168

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000160

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000162

Quite happy with the colour, except for the body suit, I may darken that on future figures.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:16 pm

I hope that's snow

Good work, I can't wait to see squads of them in those flying things!
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Don wrote:
I hope that's snow

LOL  There's a big toilet roll in the background...

Like the figure.  Are they a small bodyguard squad?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Yeah snow. Not very original but I can never seem to get grass bases looking right.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Very nice - I like them a bit brighter than the usual in White Dwarf, think the red and blue suits them. Bet it took ages to paint with all that red!
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Only a baby update, basically stick gluing everything. Plan is to get 1000pts glued, then not purchase anything else until its all painted, so at the getting ready stage, just thought I would show the first trueborn so you know I am not slacking, and am still working at em.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000170

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000171

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000169
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Nice looking figures. You made the base yourself or does it come like that? I like it.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Nah, before I bought any dark eldar I bought some resin bases off ebay, only a few quid per 10, all ruined temple stones. Problem is that quite a few of the dark eldar come with slota bases even though they are plastic so the resin bases are not practical. But seeing as these dont slot onto bases, and I want to try and make them stand out as much as possible I have used them even though they may not tie in with the rest of my force.

You can see they are already painted as I had done them ready for chaos marines to be stuck on, but not working on them at present.

Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Very nice, and the base looks ace - should be easy to paint as well - a nice drybrush and yer done.

So forgive my ignorance, but is that a blaster he's holding?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 pm

The model is a cut-down shredder to look more like a blaster.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:30 pm

So slow, so slow..

Am going through adjusting what my force will be shaped like, it was originally going to be all Wych cult style troops, hellions, reavers etc. But for our campaign, I really want to use an Archon, for his soultrap item, my aim being to capture all your generals souls! So thats looking like a change towards Kabalite warriors, Incubi etc, and I will strike up a deal with the Cult of the White Queen at a later date.

Heres my first Kabalite warrior, hes completed so I could check if I was happy with the colour scheme(I am), got another 5 on the go, in various stages of completion.

Not sure what it is, I am not going into huge detail on these, but its taking me ages to get anything done..

Anyway, here's the first sample from The Kabal of the Bloody Skull, more to follow, although might not be for a while, bloody winter lighting.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000178

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000179
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:30 pm

They look suitably menacing! I know what you mean about winter lighting too, cock all daylight and low energy bulbs, spend all night squinting!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I have a lamp to help me paint, but its that bloody bright and hot, people will be asking me where I have been on holiday next weekend!
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Like the colour scheme. I love kabalite warriors too! Good job!

Thought of giving a quick purple ink wash over him? Might help to pick the backpack detail up.

Have you tried to get a daylight lightbulb? About £3 - they do 'em at most craft stores. It was what I used coz the house is quite dark, until the missus knocked the lamp over.....
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Supaglue wrote:
It was what I used coz the house is quite dark, until the missus knocked the lamp over.....

No need to go smashing bulbs, Di could have used a paper bag over your head. Much safer!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Squad completed, about to coat them....
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 am

woohoo!! can't wait for pics!!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 am

Will stick some pics up at the weekend when got some decent light.

Good job I tested the purity seal on a test model!!! Its going in the bin, so need to find another varnish for em.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:33 am

Cool - looking forward to the pics!

Army Painter's matt spray is similar to purity seal, only cheaper (ish).

Otherwise Testor's Dull Cote spray is the king of kings apparently. Never used it though.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:37 am

Cant find testors dull coat, rare as rocking horse shit, ordering some army painter stuff, will give that a try.

Anywho, on to some pics as had 'a little' light today.

Random shot of squad member, possibly my favourite from the squad, love his nonchalant pose.

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000223

My Sybarite with Venom blade, I wasn't sure whether to bother with this load out as hopefully they wont been in combat, but I have fancied trying something since looking at Nurgle figures, you can see something dripping from his sword, its some thread glued to his blade, with some Tamiya clear green run down it, looks ok real life, but its not very tough, will be interesting to see if it survives a journey..

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000217

Bloke with banner/transfers. I kind of screwed this up, I glued him fairly early on when buying my figures, I would of preferred to save the back that can take a banner/trophy rack for my trueborn. Live and learn, always best to plan ahead!

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000221

Group shot

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000213
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:37 am

Next up, I think is going to be my Archon, Duc de L'Isle

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000218

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave P1000219

Another flimsy model Sad

Might invest in a proper carry case before we meet up.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 am

Looks good, defo needs to come with a hazard warning 'home games only'
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:42 am

Wow, the Kabalite warriors look fantastic. Love the banner. You got them done quick didn't you?!

How did you do the eyes and weapons? Thraka green ink?

Think the colour scheme suits them really well.

Liking the Archon too - look's a right badass!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:42 am

Don wrote:
Looks good, defo needs to come with a hazard warning 'home games only'

I know, bit worried about moving em..
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Probably not needed now coz the Army Painter one is alright (for the most part) but you can get Testors here I think - the US version's contents contravened some EU regulations I think!

You can still get it from the US though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave   Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave Empty

Back to top Go down

Cult of the White Queen - A Dark Eldar Enclave
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next