A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Unk

Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion Empty
PostSubject: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:26 am

Right then.

With us looking at starting a campaign(hopefully sooner rather than later!) under 40k, and with more of a narrative feel than we have previously tried there were a few different forces that tempted me, Heretical Inquisitor force, Heamonculi coven from dark eldar with eldar allies, Nidzilla or Canoptek Necrons, but I decided to stick with my favourite faction, especially as this will hopefully be a bit fluffy.

The force is going to be based on the black legion, so if I do want to change it, I don't have to feel like I am tied to a particular mark of chaos, I can just add more to it rather than feel like forces are totally different. No Deamon allies, although I was initially tempted, it would tie in nicely with Dons force, but for now its purely marine based.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:28 am

This is still subject to change at present..

The Sons of the Abyss

My force is going to consist of a sorcerer, 2 squads of Rubric marines, a squad of standard marines - all 3 in Rhinos, 2 units of 3 terminators and a unit of 3 Obliterators(to make the sacred number of 9, and a Heldrake.

Not sure how quickly these will get painted, as I am still working on a ton of fantasy stuff...

Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:35 am

Sounds promising, I always liked Black Legion. Doesn't seem like your force is too much bigger than mine (that is 1500pts is it?)
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 am

I know, which is very worrying...

Its the Rubric marines that are pricey, they are far too expensive for what they are, but meh, got to be done Smile
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 am

Are the squads 9 man squads?
Back to top Go down
Unk

Ofc! Fluffy.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:37 am

Chaos Sorcerer Thoth, striding through the ruins of the shrine world of Creuss Major.

Thoth leads the Sons of the Cyclops warband. Working on the instructions of Zaraphiston, chief adviser to Abaddon, they act with less autonomy than is usual in a Black Legion warband, who will normally only muster under the call of a black crusade. The Sons are constantly acting under Zaraphiston's instruction, furthering the goals of the legion where a full invasion is not required, capturing items and destroying targets Zaraphiston has divined will aid Abaddon's goals.

Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion IMG_0242

Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion IMG_0240
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:38 am

Ooh, Black Legion. Like them myself (the 40k army, not the KKK splinter group).

Gonna get some Luna Wolves heresy era armour in there? Good excuse for some FW stuff. No excuses not to get Horus or Abbadon now either!

Loving Thoth, although the pic came out a bit dark. He offsets nicely against the chequered floor.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:38 am

Nah, no Sons of Horus stuff. I may at some point get Abbadon, but the current figure is very old, hes tiny compared to current figures...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion   Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion Empty

Back to top Go down

Let the Galaxy Burn - Black Legion
Page 1 of 1