A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supaglue
Admin

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) Empty
PostSubject: Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)   Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Well blud fans, it's mid-season and Jim and Me are here to take away those rest-week blues with another Coaches Corner!

That's right Bob! And this week, we're with the A-licks Fur-guson of the Bloodbowl world himself - Fumbler's coach Warpfur!

Awesome guest Jim! Yes, we'll be asking the Skaven coach all the searching questions in an access-all-areas interview. We'll be probing what makes the three time back-to-back GHOST Cup winner twitch, how he clawed his way to the top and what keeps him going in the Football rat-race!

Great Bob! Just don't mention the Sewer Spiders, Jim - he gets REAL ratty...

They're a bit neglected at the minute, but I started these ages ago - got the full team undercoated and underway. I made a bit of an error going for yellow and black. The GW yellows are so thin the coats take ages. At least it makes the paint job nice n' thick when done, which kinda suits the cartoony feel of BB.

My Team Roster as it stands (I'll put all our rosters up in Battle Reports when I get a sec):

• 1 Venom Blackmane, Blitzer, Block, Fend, 12 SPPs
  • 2 Tumourous, Blitzer, Block
  • 3 Skitter-Scoop, Thrower, Pass, Sure Hands, Extra Hand! Dump-Off 23SPPs (niggling injury)
  • 4 Grunt, Rat Ogre, Loner, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Wild, +1 AV, Thick Skull, 20 SPPs
  • 5 Vain Rag-Ear , Thrower, Pass, Sure Hands, Accurate 7 SPPs
  • 6 Leak 'Crabcake' Warppipe, Lineman, Claws, 12 SPPs
  • 7 Doric Poisonclaw, Lineman
  • 8 Warprock, Lineman, M +1, Pass Block, 23 SPPs
  • 9 Dire Drawbilge, Lineman, 2 SPPs
  • 10 Grimace 'The Flash' Niteblade Gutter R; Dodge, Catch, Sure Feet, Jump Up, 37 SPPs, (niggling injury)
  • 11 Viktor Shroud, Gutter R; Dodge, +1 AG, 8 SPPs
  • 12 Boulder' Boris, Gobbo, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, 5 SPPs
  • 13 Zit Dasher, Gobbo, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Sneaky Git, Side step, 16 SPPs
  • 14 Chittersqueek Redtooth, Lineman, 5 SPPs

• Team Value: 1.5 M

The team as a whole - the pics below have come out a bit dark - I just snapped em quickly. I'll put better ones up as I get them painted:

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0350

In the foreground above is Warprock, my mutant star lineman. He's got M+1 from a leg mutation. I've painted him straight at the moment, but I plan to put some pistons on his armoured leg when I get a second, to make it look like a warp powered mechanical limb!

Viktor Shroud is a mysterious figure who turned up at a Fumbler's training session one day, dodged all of Warpfur's bodyguards and asked for an autograph. The wily Skaven coach signed him straight up on the spot! He has since filled the late, great Vast Spiketail's shoes more than adequately and looks set to be a top scorer for the fumblers as age starts to tell on main catcher, Niteblade

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0330-1

The figure was representing star catcher Vast Tailspike (M10, 25 SPPs) but Dan's Orcs killed him!

There's a funny bump on the moulding on the figure's head - you can't see it normally, but the pic has brought it out!

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0329-1

Star thrower and team leader, Skitter-Scoop, with his mutation:

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0332-1

Grimace Nigthblade waiting for his yellow highlights!

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0337-1

I've used some Imperial Guard's transfers for the team numbers:

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) DSC_0341-1

After I've painted this lot, I'm gonna work on some cheerleaders - a skaven one, a gobbo one and a gobbo hot dog vendor! I also wanna make Warpfur himself.

Last edited by Supaglue on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)   Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Like it! These Skaven are some of the best BB figures they ever made imo. Its a bit risky numbering em though Wink

I would love, abso-bloody-lutely love to rustle up a BB side, but I am not sure if e would ever get to use em. Would make Orcs I guess, although a passing team is much more fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)   Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah I love passing teams but everyman and his dog seems to use elves (the old elf miniatures are great though, too).

I did worry about numbering 'em, but I'd probably buy the player back in that positon anyway when (not if) he dies....

I think Bloodbowl teams are probably the easiest things to get painted - blocks of colour, only 14 or so to do, all the same colours.

I've got an orc blocker figure I've found in my team. Must be one of yours trying to get the lowdown on my secret plays.
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)   Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah, you can spend a bit more on them as well as its only a small roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)   Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodbowl - The Warp-Wracked Fumblers (Skaven)
Page 1 of 1