A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Infinity - Board & Scenery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Infinity - Board & Scenery   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 am

Finished this today with Dan's help, so I thought I may as well pop up some pictures.

I say it's for Infinity, but it should equally do for 40k cityfights and Necromunda.

The scenery is mostly the scatter stuff we used for our battle report (telecom booths are being painted atm, so aren't snapped), but I've also got plenty of card stuff to add to this, including tiles from Worldworks that can lay extra roads and other surfaces over the tiles I've glued to my board.

Still, considering it was free and was relatively easy to put it all together, it's a decent enough way to get lots of scenery together quickly.

Full views:

Miniature-eye view down Death Alley:

Parking ticket:

Holo boards and raised platform - its shape can be changed (note vending machine - even in the far flung future, It's The Real Thing):

Roadblocks:

I have started painting in the joins of the tiles and they seem to cover up pretty well, but it'll take a while to disguise all of them. I'll pop updates when I get a load more scenery on the board. Got plans for a few more bits and bobs.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Infinity - Board & Scenery   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Woah. That's come out nice. All the scenery ties in really well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don

PostSubject: Re: Infinity - Board & Scenery   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Looks very impressive!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Infinity - Board & Scenery   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 pm

It doesn't look too bad for just card - it's actually amazing the amount of stuff you can make (free or paid for) out of it (APCs (with wheels!), drop ships, houses, internal structures and floor plans, the list is endless).

The main draw is that you can just print more up as and when, so if Rory gets his mitts on them or they get stuff spilled on them (red wine, for example...), you can just whip off some more.

That said, I've PVA coated the card tiles and the edges to help stop fraying and other damage. It should waterproof 'em a bit too. I plan to do the other half of the board at some stage, but I think not until after I've moved house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity - Board & Scenery   

Back to top Go down

Infinity - Board & Scenery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1