A Tale of 5 Wargamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Unk

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Supaglue wrote:
He's powering ahead! Look good them - Those minis really suit a simple colour scheme to look effective in a block. Bringing them over to go in the cabinet?

Yeah, take up more of your space!

Supaglue wrote:
Like the back story too - reckon they're lepers or nurgle rotters.

How many points do you have now then? I'll be getting some more stuff in Feb to boost my half of our army.

Tbh, its probably not much more than 1k, the cheap core are holding me back, that's why I might just do a small block of ghouls. I am a bit stuck atm, not picking up a few chaos minis from Manc till 26th. They reckon High Elves are sometime this summer/autumn so we have a while to drum up a couple more units yet.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:02 pm

I like em. I like the dirty, earthy look to them. Much better than the pristine white GW ones!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:03 pm

The Court has been searching for the ancient burial site of The Lord of Keys, supposedly just south of Middenheim and rumoured to contain ancient artifacts of power from before the formation of the Empire.

Upon reaching the supposed site, they found the small hamlet of Grevenfeld. Far from society, it was hard to tell how long the residents had lived there or what made them choose that location. Whatever the reasons, they could no longer be considered human, whether it was the remote location and lack of easily available food, or the corrupting influence emanating from the ancient barrow was impossible to tell. Esme knew the easiest way to dominate these creatures was not through magical means, but by force of will and might. Slaying the first several brave enough to attack, the remainder were easily cowed to her service.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 pm

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 002

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 006

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 003

Happy with how these have come out. Not gone OTT on effort and they are a little darker than I planned but couldnt be arsed to drybrush em up lighter than they are now..

Happy with how the faces have come out. I aimed for black pupils and white teeth to give them a predatory shark like feel which has worked pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:04 pm

I like 'em.

I suppose if you want to go back and give them more highlights later you can, but I think the green gives them a good uniform unit look, and kinda looks leathery at the same time. And the faces look cool.

I notice a few spaces on the back ranks - are there more coming? How big is the unit going to be in the end? I see you stopped 3 short of a horde!!
Back to top Go down
https://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Just one space, simply as its 7X3 and I bought 20, although it does mean I can squeeze a vamp in there if need be. Need a female strigoi type, or one shapechanged etc to fit in with em.

Wont be making them bigger, although I might get a second unit of them, not sure, dont need to worry about core for a little while now Smile
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 pm

From humble beginnings..

This is the start of what will probably be the centrepiece of my army, a whopping big unit of Grave Guard. Not the most competetive choice anymore, but I love the figures! Although after gluing a few I am quickly going off them...

So, here is the Lord of Keys. Wight king figure is amazing, wanted to paint this for ages, I cannot gush enough about this bad boy!

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 004-1

The Soul Reaver, Chaos Sorcerer with a few differing bits added. Again, amazing figure, the plastic GW sprue characters are sooo good.

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 003-1

And the start of The Immured Reavers of Sleeps End .

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 001-1
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Looking forward to seeing these progress. Not decided what to use for my grave guard yet, so may well end up getting these.

Loving the necro conversion. And the wight lord is a superb figure.

Any thoughts on colour schemes yet?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Long long break after concentrating on my warriors for the campaign, but with them being done for the present, had time to work on a test model for the Grave Guard. Happy with how he has turned out, except perhaps the highlights on his helm which I will tone down.

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0158
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Excellent! Hard to tell in the pic - back with silver edge?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Looks suitably menacing, is he leaning forward?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Supaglue wrote:
Excellent! Hard to tell in the pic - back with silver edge?

Yeah, pic is not the greatest but kind of. Have given the armour a metal base, then a thick black wash followed by a couple of chunky metal highlights. I was going to go for verdigris, esp with the new technical paint gw are releasing, but saw someone who had done similar to this and thought it looked good. Was tempted to go all black armour with just metal highlights but I thought it would take longer, want to try and get through these quickly having so many of em to paint.

Don wrote:
Looks suitably menacing, is he leaning forward?

Aye, the figures are similar to skeleton warriors, who all have a leaning forward pose as the legs and body join at the hip/pelvis area. It looks good, but is really flimsy imo, I have already had to re glue a couple of these and they have never left the house!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Just a couple of pics showing how my first unit filler looks. The idea is to have 3 of these, back centre, back right and back left, so that hopefully they look like they are marching out from a crypt or cemetery type place.

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0164

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0167

And how it looks at the back of my horde(so far)

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0170
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Really good looking base that, that's a top job. Have you got a gate for one of the bases? Should also dig out a crow or bat to perch on some of the railings.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Still working..

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0203

Just to show I am cracking on. This is my 500pts done for that league now, got to man up and play some games Sad

Carrying on with these now, got more currently being done.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:16 pm

And you have already seen these, but sticking em up as happy with the photo after using the new light box.

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0202

Still needed the natural sunlight, but the box, with a flash, has brought em out really nicely I think.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Good stuff. Have you finished the Grave Guard with the gates yet? Eager to see what the unit looks like in its entirety.

Light box is good. Just need a bit more... er light!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:17 pm

The Immured Reavers of Sleeps End

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0206

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0208-1

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0209

The Immured Reavers were once a feared band of murderers and cut throats, in service to the great Teutogen chief Artur, living in the middle mountains near what would one day become the city state of Middenheim.

The reavers fate was sealed when they were tricked into turning on their chieftain Artur and trying to steal the wealth he jealously hoarded.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:18 pm

The plan was originally to run these as a big horde, but, although they are decent fighters by VC book standards, they wont have a chance against hordes of any competent combat troops, and I want to try and save a few points for some fun stuff too. So the new plan is to run them as a big block with ranks and play the attrition game. It also frees up some space so stuff can stay within 12" of my general.

I still have a few spare models I will paint at some point, just in case I want to horde it up, but on to other things now.

Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Bloody lovely them - the fillers look excellent and really cap them off as a unit.

Great weapons over sword and board, eh?
Back to top Go down
Unk

Woof!

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0230-1

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0228-1

Not the greatest photos tbh(not the greatest painting either...), but putting em up to show they are done.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

Look even better in the 'flesh' them. I couldn't place them at first but they're the Space Wolf dogs. Look really good for Dire wolves.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Mortis Engine!

This was a beast to paint, took an age to do, but its a nice feeling of satisfaction painting something so big. Not great photos tbh but its dark, and some sun would be nice.

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0247

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0243

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0245
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Even better in the flesh! A great centrepiece for an army.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Reinforcements for The lost of Grevenfeld

Only one pic as they are just bulking out an old unit, but sticking it up to show that some of us are still working away, even though everyone else is slacking!!

Problem is I painted the others so long ago that they dont quite match, but sod it!

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 IMG_0253
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next