A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Get doing them ghouls!

I should have some pics up at the weekend, although I have run out of black spray and have no dosh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:47 pm

The Howling Mad of Zoishenk

"They thought themselves safe behind their walls and their charms, but the priest scum of Morr were lazy, or negligent, and left their insane and deranged to walk their own path of death"

A very quick job on these, done over just the two nights once I got motoring. The paint job is a bit meh, but it will do. You cant really see it, but they are supposed to look like they are floating, and wanted their base to stay black around the figures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Nice - they do look like they are floating a bit. You could also have placed a few of them on different length flying base shafts or bits of wire. They look good though.

What miniatures are they? Can't be GW fraggles - the arms aren't the size of Arnie's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Excellent paint job there - you've kept your darker going up the figure more than I did with mine - think it adds to the floating thing - as does leaving the base directly around the figure black rather than drybrushed grey. Looks great.

So is that 1k pts?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Yup, 1k of points now. Probably going to stop there as well, got a hankering for my next army already. Really enjoyed painting these and learnt a bit but fancy something new, been inspired by Dan Abnetts 'Riders of the Dead' and am going to rustle up a Warriors of Chaos force. Debating what to do with these, keep em until my Chaos are up and running, or try and make some cash off ebay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Haha! That famous Adams focus! What about all those Ghouls?!

May as well keep this lot on. You can do a different 1k army if yer bored. you can always come back and add more units as and when.

Get yerself 1k of loads of different armies and you'll be well placed to change between them.

Are you gonna get Warriors of Chaos in general or a specific god?
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Worryingly, I am just as unfocused in everday life. Sure if I could put my mind to something for more than a few months I could solve world peace etc.

Not sure on the ghouls, I am sure they are half the reason I cant face painting any more vamps, dreading it! You can have em next time we meet up, although you better remind me close to the date...

Warriors in general, will mix up a few different factions, starting with Tzeentch warriors/knights and Khorne mauraders I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm

If you don't want em I'll buy em off yer next time I see you - I need some ghouls.
Back to top Go down
Supaglue
Admin

If you've finished yer vampires then, lets have a pic of the whole army.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Can't believe you are thinking of ditching them after all the work you have put in!

I think you should at least hold onto them - you will only change your mind and fancy having a few games as Vamps at some point!

WoC are quite nice. I think the book is pretty good, with some nice randomness to it - particularly how units can get chaos gifts.

I did contemplate buying some of them, but I don't really like the Chaos Warrior figures all that much. IMO they look much better with hand weapon and shield, and look quite nice when ranked up, but the poses all seem to static and they all look too much alike.

I think the Marauders (on foot and mounted) can look awesome - mainly when given a very dark, menacing paint-job - although I always preferred the idea of an all Chaos Warrior army.

Ogres look quite nice, I really like the Chaos Trolls and Chaos has arguably the best characters you can buy (and some of the Avatars of War sculpts are really impressive).

Hell cannon is gay as can be, but is rock in the game. One, or more likely two, of those bad boys and you are dishing out some serious pwnage - particularly to horde armies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Hard to get a good image of em together, this is best I could do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Look nice together, the bases tie em all in.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:53 pm

They look good, Mon.

I definitely think you should hang onto them. If nothing else, they will provide you with inspiration for your other painting projects as you can say (and see) 'I have done it'.

No, shelves and shelves of unpainted miniatures to gaze upon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:53 pm

All you need now is a display cabinet in yer living room!
Back to top Go down
Foxy

LOL!

Put it right next to the booze cabinet and see which you can fill first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Back from the dead.

Herb Westermark, re-animator!

Herb was a member of the Amethyst Order in Altdorf, who dedicated his life to rooting out Necromancers and all manner of Undead. But all that changed when he received the message saying that his beloved younger sister had been killed during an attack on his hometown by Votchnaya, dread lord of the dark forest. Spiralling into a deep despair, Herb sneaked into his Orders vault, and snatched several items of prodigious power along with dark books which taught pacts that could be invoked to raise the dead. With these he set off North with great haste.

Before he could reach his destination, he was caught by a chasing party of Knights, and as he was bound and gagged, a great shadow loomed, that of Avalix, the beast in the woods, who proceeded to tear apart the ill prepared knights. Herb had been saved by the White Queen and her ragtag band, and, scared that others may be pursuing him, he has thrown his lot in as they move north, hoping that he can survive long enough to raise his sister to life, or at least gain revenge on that which slew her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:55 pm

You crafty old dog!

He looks brilliant - he'd fit well into my army theme - Gimme!

How have you dirtied the bottom of the back of his cloak?

And plans for anything more in the near future?
Back to top Go down
Unk

Just a brown drybush, came out well though.

Yeah, got a few ideas, a few more skellies next though I think.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Next up, my next Vamp. The White Queen will be my main vamp, and I will always be going caster in the main with her. This one will be built up for combat, as a rank and file butcheress!

Erika Weber, known in some parts of the Old World as The Venus of Gypsies. Known for her great humour and love of the finer things in life, she is a cowardly creature who takes great delight in preying on the innocent and weak.

The figure is from Guild of Harmony - Its an amazing cast, plenty of detail, too much for my painting tbh! Shes 30mm, so you can see she doesn't quite fit onto a 20mm base so shes kind of stepping into thin air which I have tried to cover up with a broken grave stone and poison ivy. The only thing I am not happy with is her face, the paint hasn't gone on smoothly as I would have liked, not as bad irl, but the picture does highlight it.

Next up more skellies I guess Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Much anticipated and not failed to impress!

Really like the face - got a good expression there. The skin's good too. And you can't see the foot floating - would never have known if you hadn't pointed it out.

Thought fo going for a bit of blood either end of the poleaxe? A drip at the end would look cool.
Back to top Go down
Unk

Thought about it, but am going to leave as is I think. I was going to wash blood all down her front, but decided against it in the end, pretty happy with her now, and dont want to make her too 'busy'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah I know what you mean about being busy, think yer probably right.

Your characters really make your army now with Westermark and her added to the snow queen and the other wizard.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm

The Nameless of Leichlinburg

While continuing to move towards Middenheim, using the foreboding Drakwald Forest to mask their movements, Herb Westermark felt drawn to a powerful emanation of death just south of Leichlinburg. Homing in on this, the Court came across an unmarked burial pit where a mass of bodies had been buried, still equipped with the weapons and armour they had used in life. Their clothes now rotten to rags, their was no way of knowing just why so many had been buried together in an unmarked grave so far from society, but the Queen was not going to waste the opportunity to help swell her ranks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Quick job, not put as much time into em as my other skeleton unit, but I dont think you would be able to tell unless you looked closely, and its another unit done. Might do a small unit of ghouls now. I wasnt too keen on using them or zombies for my theme, but A) i need some core that can actually fight and B) they cost a little more points wise!! Cheap core is meaning I still havent got enough core to take any toys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm

He's powering ahead! Look good them - Those minis really suit a simple colour scheme to look effective in a block. Bringing them over to go in the cabinet?

Like the back story too - reckon they're lepers or nurgle rotters.

How many points do you have now then? I'll be getting some more stuff in Feb to boost my half of our army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   

Back to top Go down

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next