A Tale of 5 Wargamers

Adventures in Wargaming - 5 very boring individuals record their exploits playing with little men. Favoured rules include (but are not limited to) WFB, WH40k & The Horus Heresy (30k), Epic, Bloodbowl, Infinity, Saga & Flames of War

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Unk

PostSubject: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

OK, been slacking on getting this up, but here goes..

After speaking to Don, the points of the whole force I am aiming for will be 2800, to tie in at the same level as his. Just under 3000 to fit the surface we use. Obviously it can be expanded but thats my primary target. As well as this, I will be rustling up a 1000pt Empire force, which will be, in fluff terms, The Courts main protaganists(obv they wont be meeting each other, but they will be tied together in back story)

I havent planned it to its final points, but its probably going to be a very different army to Supa's. Skeletons instead of zombies, no bats/swarms or wolves but I guess as these threads go you will see that more and more.

What I will be aiming for as a whole will be
Core
30 Skeletons
20 Skeletons
30 Ghouls
Characters
Caster Lord Vamp(general)
Combat lord vamp
Necromancer
Couple of Wight Kings
Special
Grave Guard
Spirit Host
Maybe some Black Knights depending on pts
Rare
Vargulf
Wraiths
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

The Dead of Delberz

Incoming reinforcments

Used photobucket, the photos look much better saved to my PC, they seem a lot smaller somehow here. I am also scared facebook is going to upload them or something like that as well......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:29 pm

The White Queen had been building a power base in Middenheim for over 1000 years, first arriving in the city shortly after the count of Middenheim had proclaimed himself Emperor. During that time, she had gifted the Dark Kiss to 30 victims, who now served her under her guise as a priestess of Morr in the Under district and served her wishes while she travelled the Empire and beyond, often for years at a time. All these 30 were selected if they bared a resemblance to the Queen, and were changed at various ages, this along with the fact they were all dressed from head to toe in priests robes left them free to feed as they liked with little suspicion being raised when they did not age. That was until the famed Witch Hunter Horst Von Rauch, who had chased the Queen for the last several years after an encounter in Tilea. The Queen, because of her great age, no longer feared sunlight and required little sustenance, but she had suffered several injuries being chased by Von Rauch and his retinue, and hoped to lose him in the sprawling city with the help of her coven.

This was not to be, Von Rauch had spies dotted all across the city,  and after tracking down the Queen, waited until the sun was high in the sky, before bringing the temple down with the help of the local engineers guild. All 30 lahmains were killed, along with several dozen vagrants living in nearby buildings which also collapsed. But fate once again favoured the Queen, the collapse also opened up the sewer systems running below, and before making her escape, the Queen said that she would take one of Von Rauchs sons for each daughter he had killed. Being a pious man, he thought little of this threat as he prepared his men to chase the beast through the dreaded Middenheim sewers.

The Queen made her way to Delberz, Von Rauchs town of birth, and over a period of 30 nights, took the first born son of each family as they patrolled the towns walls. Each night, the town could see flames coming from the nearby forest and crazed screams could be heard. For the first several nights, the town elders sent parties out, but all they would find was the ash as from a great fire, after this, families hid in terror as night came, hoping that Von Rauch would be made aware of their plight, but each night another son was taken, to be boiled alive until their flesh left their bones. The dead of Delberz still wear the tattered remnants of their Middenland state uniforms, a sickening parody of their past lives. Von Rauch has not returned to Delberz since, now a man without a home unable to face those whose lives he has cursed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Viktor Falk

Viktor was a child who had the world at his feet, strong, brave and loved by all. At his 15th birthday, he expected a large windfall from his parents estate, only to find that they had gifted it all to his younger sickly brother Otto Falk to enable him to join The Bright Order in Altdorf after he had set fire to the mansions stables. Viktor promised that he could outmatch anything that his weakling brother could acheive. Only one thing held back Viktor, he was not very bright. But one thing he did have was fool hardiness and a burning thirst for vengance, he snuck into the local barons family tombs, hoping for wealth or ancient artifacts which could help him. What he found was a glowing orb, which has held him in thrall ever since, gifting him limited powers ovr the undead. Now serving the White Queen, Viktor hopes to escape her clutches, before she realises that he holds no power over the undead himself, it all comes from the orb he will allow no others to touch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Really love that unit - the snow looks good and the magnetic bases are a big help in game (we used this unit as our grave guard in the last campaign). Dead of Delberz - like it!

Viktor is good too - like his skin tone. The cloak makes him stand out nicely from rank and file, as does the crystal ball.

Gonna go Lahmian with the White Queen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://taleof5wargamers.forumotion.co.uk
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Unk wrote:

Used photobucket, the photos look much better saved to my PC, they seem a lot smaller somehow here. I am also scared facebook is going to upload them or something like that as well......

Hehe - outed through facebook! I think yer safe though: unless you secretly wanna get caught!

On photobucket, you can resize the photos on it if you want them bigger. Those pics are decent though.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:32 pm

They look really nice, mon. The unit of skellies must look really good on the tabletop. Maybe worth putting some of the snow on the front edge of the slide tray?

I never got the full story - what have you done with magnets? Have you bought a metal sheet for the base and blu-tak'd small magnets underneath the base of each miniature?

Nice job on Viktor too. I particularly like the crystal ball (must be where he is looking into it and thinking 'shit! that Votchnaya has let me down again...'). Is it a GW miniature?

I would think that your camera takes the photos at a decent resolution and photobucket reduces that resolution (and therefore file size) for posting on the internet. It's not uncommon.

Would have a HUGE LOL if it suddenly appeared on you FB page. Can't see it happening though (unless I can hack your account!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Foxy wrote:
They look really nice, mon. The unit of skellies must look really good on the tabletop. Maybe worth putting some of the snow on the front edge of the slide tray?

I never got the full story - what have you done with magnets? Have you bought a metal sheet for the base and blu-tak'd small magnets underneath the base of each miniature?

Nice job on Viktor too. I particularly like the crystal ball (must be where he is looking into it and thinking 'shit! that Votchnaya has let me down again...'). Is it a GW miniature?

I would think that your camera takes the photos at a decent resolution and photobucket reduces that resolution (and therefore file size) for posting on the internet. It's not uncommon.

Would have a HUGE LOL if it suddenly appeared on you FB page. Can't see it happening though (unless I can hack your account!)

Yeah, I will add some extra shots next update, but basically its a Warhammer tray, with some metallic sheeting stuck on top of it, and each model has a small circular magnet stuck to the bottom of its base, makes it a lot easier to move them about as they dont topple over etc. So simple but is a big help. Viktor is an Empire battle wizard, just with the staff cut off his right arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:34 pm

The magnets are a big help (you can turn em upside down!) and you can get metal sheets to line boxes or whatever to help storage.

The only problem is that mantic minatures have a solid square base with no 'hollow' underneath. Been looking at magnetic adhesive strips to use instead - I'll update my log when I try some out.

Can't wait to see what Dan's been up to since his last post. I know he's been painting...
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Completed Dead of Delberz

Really glad they are done now. Taken an age to do. Mainly happy with them, a little scruffy here and there, but nothing you would notice unless looking at them individually. Not sure whats next, either a Vargulf or crack on with my general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Bloody hell, they look ace! You've made em look cold and bleak with all that steel and snow. Thought you'd been a bit quiet!

Made me wanna get on with my skeletons now.....

Go for a character or something bigger next whatever you do - make a nice change to painting that lot!
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm

The Beast in the Woods.

The White Queen has spent several centuries scouring the Old World for items or artifacts that would help her in her quest to slay her maker and usurp her position. She has had many competitors for these items over the years, none more vexing than Avalix the Black, an ancient Necrach every bit the Queens equal. A game of cat and mouse developed until finally the Queen caught Avalix alone near the Drakwald forest. Rather than slay him, she had her followers dig a large pit deep in the forest away from prying eyes, where Avalix was cast. Clearing the nearby trees allowed each days sunlight to burn Avalix, and each night he was fed captured beastmen. This has lasted for a full 101 years, and the torture has seared Avalix' mind and he is little more than a feral beast now, while feeding on beastmen has warped his body to almost gigantic proportions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Really happy with how it has come out in the end. Only things I dont like are the fact I could not balance a 40mm base so its using a 50mm(more attacks on it) and the green stuff I used looked good pre painting, but after its been painted its highlighted a few bits that are not so good.

Next up is hopefully my General, which along with some Spirit host will sort my first 1000pts

Still need ideas for a feral looking Vamp, as well as a female vamp who looks a little fuedal(armour, shield etc)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 pm

They are really nice, mon. I like the dark, cold-looking colour scheme. The brighter bits (blue on the unit and red on the beast) provide a nice contrast.

What about this for your female Vamp? Don't know what the base size is like, but if you replaced the head and made it look like she had just feasted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Someone stop Dan - he's on fire! Nice bit of drybrushing there and it ties in with the colours of the Dead Men of Delberz really well. Base looks good too.

Can Varghulf's fly? It'd look brilliant with some wings on it.

Also, how did you get the shiny blood effect on the tongue? Did you varnish it? And what red did you use? Looking for something similar for my zombies.

I'll have a look for a feral vampire.

Think Dan is forging ahead at the mo - I've not been able to get much done this week.
Back to top Go down
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:40 pm

No, no flying. I did have another Varg in the works that included wings, but preferred this model.

The red was the GW foundation red, with a red wash, then highlighted blood red. And a gloss wash to make it shiney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Please take it for a game at GW. I just want, when they try and ban you playing for having non-GW miniatures, to see the look on their faces when you explain that it's Citadel 1987!!
Back to top Go down
Unk

Hah yeah.

God I feel old. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Supaglue wrote:
Please take it for a game at GW. I just want, when they try and ban you playing for having non-GW miniatures, to see the look on their faces when you explain that it's Citadel 1987!!

I'd love to see him in there playing a game! I think I would fly back especially to witness that. And bring my camera with an incredibly large telephoto lens (so I can snap him whilst i sit on the other side of the shopping centre).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Quote :
I have no fear. Walked through Manchester yesterday with a GW bag on display...

A big city is easy. Try it in Shrews......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:42 pm

The White Queen

The White Queen was born Esme Le Tallec, near the city of Quennells in southern Bretonnia. Born of nobility, she led a coseted life, needing for nothing and spending her early years studying all she could of the Wood Elves of nearby Athel Loren and spending her nights sneaking out of the family mansion to search the woods in the hope of seeing one of the mythical people rumored to be the towns mythical protectors. One spring night she could hear the horns as of a great hunt coming from the forest. She did not see the creature until it was almost at her window. Proclaiming to be an Elf wounded hunting beastmen, it begged for sanctuary until its brethern could find him. As soon as Esme helped the creature, who gave its name as Valanthir into her home, Esme was knocked unconscious. Esme awoke, feeling drained and weak, to a scene of devastation. Her parents and young siblings were dead, pinned to the wall with the bones of the family servants. Limbs was spread and torn to spell the Brettonian for thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Things learnt? I am never starting a High Elf army! Too much white!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Supaglue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Awesome! She's gonna stand out nicely - the base again is really good. I like the gem on her head as well.

Can we have a pic of all the painted so far together?

And yeah, the only thing I hate more than painting a block of white is a block of red.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Fair play - she looks really good. I really like the base. Like Gilly said, will make her stand out nicely.

Is she a GW miniature?

You will have a full army in no time.

My name is Dan, and I'm a paint-a-holic. Better phone the Priory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unk

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Bah, production as ground to a halt while I wait for a delivery. Soon as I get my stuff, and sort a spirit host, that's my first 1k done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde   

Back to top Go down

The Court of the White Queen - Vampire Count Horde
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next